Cisco Nexus 3500 platform overview
- The Cisco Nexus 3500 platform further extends the leadership of the Cisco Nexus 3000 Series by including the innovative Cisco® Algorithm Boost (or Algo Boost) technology. Algo Boost technology, built into the switch.
- Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), allows the Cisco Nexus 3500 platform to achieve exceptional Layer 2 and 3 switching latencies of less than 200 nanoseconds (ns). In addition, Algo Boost offers several innovations in latency, forwarding, and performance visibility capabilities:
- Three configurable modes for low latency
- Normal mode: This mode is excellent for environments needing low latency and high scalability. In this mode, latencies as low as 250 ns can be paired with the higher of the Layer 2 and 3 scaling values listed later in this document, in Table 6 and 7.
- Warp mode: For those customers with smaller environments who demand the lowest latencies possible, warp mode consolidates forwarding operations within the switch ASIC, lowering latency by up to an
additional 20 percent compared to normal operation. In this mode, latencies as low as 200 ns can be paired with the smaller of the Layer 2 and 3 scaling values listed later in this document, in Table 8.
- Warp SPAN: In some environments, a stream of traffic entering one port simply needs to be copied to a list of outgoing ports as quickly as possible without processing or modification. The Cisco Nexus 3500 platforms warp SPAN capability allows all traffic entering a single port on the switch to be replicated to any number of destination ports at latencies as low as 50 ns.
The Cisco Nexus 3548 and 3524 have the following hardware configuration:
- 48 fixed Enhanced Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) ports (1 or 10 Gbps); the Cisco Nexus 3524
enables only 24 ports
- Dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies
- Four individual redundant hot-swappable fans
- One 1-PPS timing port, with the RF1.0/2.3 QuickConnect connector type*
- Two 10/100/1000 management ports1
- One RS-232 serial console port
- One USB port
- Locator LED
- Locator LED button