For organizations paving the way for the new 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, the Cisco Aironet 2800 Series is the perfect solution. The access points go beyond getting ready for the new standard, providing the ultimate in flexibility and versatility.
For large enterprise organizations that rely on Wi-Fi to engage with customers, the 2800 Series is a hands-off product thats intelligent enough to make decisions based on end-device activities and usage. This automation allows you to devote time to other pressing matters, secure in the knowledge that your Wi-Fi network is performing to its utmost potential.
The Aironet 2800 Series is packed with the features and capabilities that have made Cisco the industry leader, at a price point that is ideal for managing wireless growth, capacity, and coverage gaps in dense indoor environments.
- 802.11ac Wave 2: support Provides a theoretical connection rate of up to 2.6 Gbps per radioroughly double the rates offered by todays highend 802.11ac access points.
- High Density Experience (HDX): Best-in-class RF architecture, which provides high-performance coverage for a high density of client devices, giving the end user a seamless wireless experience. HDX includes features such as custom hardware in 802.11ac Wave 2 radios, Cisco CleanAir®, ClientLink 4.0, cross-access point noise reduction, and an optimized client roaming experience.
- Multiuser: Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) technology
Supporting three spatial streams, MU-MIMO enables access points to split spatial streams between client devices, to maximize throughput.
- Optimized access point roaming: Helps ensure that client devices associate with the access point in their coverage range that offers the fastest data rate available.
- Zero Impact Application Visibility and Control: Uses dedicated hardware acceleration to improve the performance of line-speed applications such as Application Visibility and Control.
- Auto Link Aggregation (LAG) support: 802.3ad (LACP) compliant, allowing both Gigabit Ethernet interfaces to automatically LAG, increasing overall throughput to the access point.
- ClientLink 4.0: Cisco ClientLink 4.0 technology to improve downlink performance to all mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11a/b/g/n/ac while improving battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- CleanAir 160 MHz: Cisco CleanAir technology, enhanced with 160-MHz channel support, provides proactive, high-speed spectrum intelligence across 20-, 40-, 80-, or 160-MHz-wide channels to combat performance problems due to wireless interference.
- Cisco Mobility Express: Flexible deployment mode through the Cisco Mobility Express Solution is ideal for medium-sized deployments and can support up to 100 access points. Easy setup allows the 2800 Series Access Points to be deployed on networks without a physical controller.
- External antenna (sold separately): 2802e Series access points are certified for use with antenna gains up to 6 dBi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). Cisco offers the industry's broadest selection of antennas, delivering optimal coverage for a variety of deployment scenarios.
- Interfaces (2802I/E): 2x100/1000BASE-T autosensing (RJ-45). Management console port (RJ-45). USB 2.0 (enabled via future software).
- Power draw: 802.11at. 26W at the PSE with all features enabled except for the USB 2.0 port. 30W at the PSE with the USB 2.0 port enabled